Monday 13 May 2013

Banana Fritters / Pazhampori / Ethakkappam :)

A much loved tea time snack truly enjoyed by all at my home! This is one of the few snacks which I learned during my early days of kitchen rendezvous. It is super easy to prep up and fry these soft tasty treats, although take caution while deep frying food items.
This snack is very popular in Kerala as the main ingredient wiz bananas are loved and available in abundance. I am quite fond of these and would always volunteer to prepare them at home. This snack has been a guaranteed hit and has shared a spot on my coffee table for some of the best moments of my life. I hope this snack finds a sweet place in your heart too! 

Pazhampori / Banana Fritters / Ethakkappam


Banana Fritters / Pazhampori / Ethakkappam

Ingredients:
3 Bananas (ripe), peeled & sliced
3/4 - 1 cup Plain Flour
3 Tbsp Sugar
Salt, a pinch
Water, as required for batter
Oil, for deep frying

Method:
  • Make the batter by mixing the plain flour, sugar, salt and water. It should have the consistency to just coat the banana slices properly.
  • Heat oil in a deep pan.
  • Dip each banana slice in the batter and deep fry until they are golden brown. 
  • Drain the excess oil after deep frying on a kitchen towel/tissue and serve hot. Enjoy!
Notes: I usually make around 9 fritters from one banana. You could add a spoon of ghee to the batter for a richer taste. 

                                                 ♥ Thank You ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...