Saturday 23 March 2013

Coriander Chutney

During my initial trysts with cooking, my family used to criticize my excess use of coriander leaves. I would generously use these leaves for garnishing even if it wasn't part of the original recipe :)
My cooking has improved over the years but I still retain my love for the lovely aromatic Coriander aka Cilantro fresh leaves! Here is the recipe for a fresh green chutney. Hope you enjoy them :)

Coriander Chutney
My Amma's recipe
Coriander Chutney

Ingredients :

2 Green Chillies (chopped roughly)
Small piece Ginger (chopped roughly)
1/2 cup Grated coconut
1 cup Coriander leaves (washed)
2 Tbsp Yogurt/Curd
Salt, to taste

Method:
  • Blend all the ingredients to a coarse paste in a blender/mixer. 
  • Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Notes: Usually made as an accompaniment to spicy Biryani or other south Indian breakfast dishes (idli's or dosa's).

                                  ♥ Thank You ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...