Wednesday 2 January 2013

Tuna Cutlets ... the only way I eat Tuna :)

I have mostly witnessed my friends and relatives show disdain and surprise when I tell them "I had tuna cutlets and they were quite tasty". Some of them  go into denial if I ask them to try the same saying they do not like tuna. With a little persuasion when they do try, they happen to love it (like me!!!). These are perfect for entertaining guests at home as they can be served as appetizers before lunch or dinner or as snacks anytime.  I usually prefer to make little spicy tuna cutlets and bake lemony cupcakes for guests at home. 
I do make these cutlets whenever we go on a picnic, as Nikhil loves it even if the cutlets are not hot. I have made my opening statement and I hope you are inquisitive enough to try them out. Enjoy a great year ahead!!!

TUNA CUTLETS

Recipe adapted from my friend Nishima's kitchen

Tuna Cutlets ... the only way I eat Tuna :)


Ingredients

2 Potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 Onion medium, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
1 can of Tuna (around 200 g)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
3/4 tsp Garam masala 
1 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt, to taste
Few Coriander leaves, chopped
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 cup Bread crumbs
Oil, to fry

Method 

  • Cook the potatoes and mash them. Keep aside to let it cool.
  • Heat a Tbsp of oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Once it starts to change color, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilies. Cook until the raw smell goes.
  • Add tuna chunks and mix well. Cook for another 4 mins.
  • Add the masala powders and saute the mixture.
  • Now add the mashed potatoes and mix well again.
  • Add the chopped coriander leaves and saute for further few mins until well combined.
  • Shape the mixture into round patties. ( Make sure the mixture is cool enough for you to handle it)
  • Beat an egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt and keep ready.
  • Dip the patties in beaten egg mixture first and then roll all the sides in bread crumbs.
  • Heat oil in a pan and add the cutlets. Deep fry it till its golden in color. Drain on a paper towel and serve hot.

Notes: Canned tuna comes in different medium. I have tried those that come tinned with brine as well as oil (We just need to drain it well before using). Though I love fish, I don't like to eat tuna, although surprisingly I loved tuna cutlets! You can make the patties ahead in time and freeze it. When needed, defrost them, coat them with beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs and deep fry. Your hot cutlets are ready to be served:)

                                 ♥ Thank You ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...